Rallycross Rules – 2017
1. Shaft drive 1/8 rallycross style buggies designed, or converted, to run on mostly tarmac tracks.
2. Belt drive cars are not eligible for this class.
1. Cars must run rally or rallycross style bodies (generic bodies are eligible such as the Hyper GT Rally or the Protoform rally bodies.
2. Cars must be fitted with a front foam bumper and have no sharp protruding edges beyond the body.
1. Motor limits in relation to battery size2S – No Motor Limit
3S – 2650kv maximum limit
4S – 2000kv maximum limit
1. The nominated control dry tyre for racing is the GRP S4
2. In the event of the race director declaring a “wet” round the racers may use the GRP R1 compound or the BQLZR N05800.
3. The use of additives and chemical cleaners on tyres is not permitted.
4. New racers are allowed to run kit tyres for three meetings.
1. Only hard case lipo batteries up to 4S are eligible for use from 1st April in line with BRCA guidelines and racers must charge in a lipo bag and according to the guidelines published by the BRCA.
1. Two classes will be available and will be run as separate heats where entrant numbers permit, with points being awarded separately per class;
SWB – Cars with a wheelbase less than 335mm
LWB – Cars with a wheelbase greater than 335mm
(wheelbase will be measured from front wheel spindle centre to rear wheel spindle centre on the same side of the car)
4 minute heats and 4 minute finals of 10 cars
The start will be a two row start with drivers alternating between rows.
Scrutineering will be carried out by the clubs Rallycross reps
**Members will be notified of any changes to the above in advance.**